The Art Nouveau Kurhaus along the spa promenade is the symbol of the second largest city in South Tyrol. The west wing was opened in 1874, and at that time, 102 gas lamps illuminated the building. In 1897, the building began using electricity. The Great Hall (Kursaal) with a Steinway grand piano was formally opened in 1914, making the Kurhaus one of the finest Art Nouveau buildings in the Alps. In addition to the Great Hall, the building also features many other rooms. The 300m² Pavillon des Fleurs is the second largest room. Today, the Kurhaus hosts a variety of international events and seminars.