The Trauttmansdorff Castle is located in the centre of the Botanical Gardens. It was named by the Lords of Trauttmansdorff and first documented in 1328. The Earl of Trauttmansdorff had it rebuilt on the remnants of the original medieval building. Empress Elisabeth of Austria stayed there twice for periods of several months, during which time she contributed greatly to increasing Merano’s reputation as a healing spa town. The castle was later transformed into the Touriseum, the Tourism Museum, where a fun and exciting look at the 200 year history of tourism in Tyrol is presented, ranging from 1800 to the present day.
Touriseum - Trauttmansdorff Castle
T: +39 0473 270172
F: +39 0473 277665
Address: Via San Valentino, 51 a
Zip code: 39012